[Osmf-talk] Board response: Disputed Area Policy (Crimea request)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Feb 7 20:13:16 UTC 2019

On Thursday 07 February 2019, Heather Leson wrote:
> [...]
>
> On a more general note, there have been discussions about tagging
> different sets of national borders on the tagging list and wiki
> recently, and we
> are looking forward to OpenStreetMap being able to model different,
> even conflicting views of borders in the not so distant future.

Let it be noted that with that statement the board in my eyes quite
clearly exceeds its own mandate and that of the OSMF (as described in
the OSMF mission statement).  You here express you look forward to OSM
recording alternative views or opinions about the geography that
conflict with what is observable on the ground.  This is not a neutral
statement, this is expressing a specific direction in which you desire
the community to move.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/