[Osmf-talk] Subscription of OSMF members to the osmf-talk mailinglist

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:48:18 UTC 2019

I manage Corp IT (incl mail services) for my current company (and have
supported many organisations over the years).

In general teams and organisations require the following:

   - *-announce (usually managed centrally, moderated and with a high
   signal-to-noise ratio for all subscribers)
   - *-discuss (usually opt-in, un-moderated and with a lower
   signal-to-noise ratio for all subscribers)

Creating a strong culture of forking larger topics / discussions onto their
own lists over time also ensures that you don't waste 100+ / 1,000+ /
10,000+ people's time reading discussions that are specific to a
single-digit percentage of the subscriber base.

Based on Michael's reply it seems like that's already in place. Is more
education is required for members in understanding the appropriate place
for different types of communication?

Donal