[Osmf-talk] Subscription of OSMF members to the osmf-talk mailinglist

Manfred A. Reiter ma.reiter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:43:23 UTC 2019

Hi Lukasz,

> Am 14.02.19 um 01:10 schrieb Lukasz Kruk:
>
> Hello,
>
> Just as an idea, I think an absolutely fantastic regular update on OSM
> things is the Weekly blog (http://www.weeklyosm.eu/). I'm not sure who
> manages it and if it has any formal affiliation with OSMF (the about links
> send me to some seemingly unrelated websites), but it does a wonderful job
> of summarising discussions, technical tips, news, and a lot of other things
> about OSM.
>
> Thank you very much for your evaluation of our work.

> It's exactly the type of a regular update that I think a lot people who
> express increasing interest in OSM by joining OSMF would be interested in.
> Perhaps its contents could be disseminated through a mailing list with
> autosubscription for new OSMF members?
>
> We offer such a service ... see it on our website: "Subscribe to weeklyOSM
via Email"

> [...]

FYI
weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz is independent of all organizations and companies.
This applies to the OSMF, HOT, FOSSGIS, local chapters ... and all
organisations and/or companies (not listed here). ;-)

We see ourselves as a service of the community for the community. Therefore
the "about link" also leads to some independent websites.

weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz generally refrains from personal opinions and
political statements.  weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz also has an attitude that can
also be expressed in the text.

cheers,

[...]

--