[Osmf-talk] Subscription of OSMF members to the osmf-talk mailinglist

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:39:16 UTC 2019

> weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz generally refrains from personal opinions and political statements.  weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz also has an attitude that can also be expressed in the text.
Can WeeklyOSM explain its "attitude"? I often find myself reading WeeklyOSM items scratching my head over how it doesn't represent a few people's personal opinions and priorities, especially when it comes to OSMF topics.
Also, what is the best way for us to point out issues with WeeklyOSM? I think WeeklyOSM is a great resource, but everything we do can be better right? When I've pointed things out in the past, the response has been a bit defensive.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Thursday, February 14, 2019, 6:46:40 AM PST, Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lukasz,

 Am 14.02.19 um 01:10 schrieb Lukasz Kruk:

  Hello,
  Just as an idea, I think an absolutely fantastic regular update on OSM things is the Weekly blog (http://www.weeklyosm.eu/). I'm not sure who manages it and if it has any formal affiliation with OSMF (the about links send me to some seemingly unrelated websites), but it does a wonderful job of summarising discussions, technical tips, news, and a lot of other things about OSM.

Thank you very much for your evaluation of our work.

   It's exactly the type of a regular update that I think a lot people who express increasing interest in OSM by joining OSMF would be interested in. Perhaps its contents could be disseminated through a mailing list with autosubscription for new OSMF members?

We offer such a service ... see it on our website: "Subscribe to weeklyOSM via Email"

[...] FYI
weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz is independent of all organizations and companies. This applies to the OSMF, HOT, FOSSGIS, local chapters ... and all organisations and/or companies (not listed here). ;-)

We see ourselves as a service of the community for the community. Therefore the "about link" also leads to some independent websites.

weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz generally refrains from personal opinions and political statements.  weeklyOSM/Wochennotiz also has an attitude that can also be expressed in the text.

cheers,

[...]

--
## Manfred