[Osmf-talk] Board statement - Membership Working Group report on unusual signups before OSMF election

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 06:56:56 UTC 2019

Hi all,

first of all, I would like to thank the MWG for their excellent and hard
work.

I am also happy to you Mikel that you have answered Manfred's questions:

>> Why wasn't the report published by the board itself?
>
> Because the MWG imposed a deadline. We were about to publish.
>
> I personally think it's bad governance to have a WGs setting OSMF
> timelines without coordination with the Board.

Do you really think the board should have a filibuster option?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster
does mostly exist in some English speaking countries. Shortly explained:
looks like a DoS-by-talk.

We, as the OSM community, want to encourage working group members. One
important point of this is to see that the work has an impact and
matters. Where the work has been to gather information and intelligence,
publication is the rewarding act.

Best regards,

Roland