[Osmf-talk] Questions to the board regarding the membership state of GlobalLogic employees

Steve Friedl steve at unixwiz.net
Fri Nov 8 23:08:21 UTC 2019

Speaking as one on the Membership Working Group, almost all have been removed.

The procedure determined by the Board and by MWG was to send all ~100 an email saying that you're going to be removed as a member in (I think) 10 days unless you respond personally that you wish to remain; if you do nothing, you will be removed.

MWG received maybe a half dozen response saying they'd like to remain, and all the rest were removed.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was very small, and those who remained were generally those who had a previously-known presence in the OSM community.

Those that remain would have to renew their membership in order to vote at the next election; I don't know if they have done so.

Steve