[Osmf-talk] Can we untick the Public domain checkbox from our initial choice done during OSM sign up?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Oct 4 11:32:06 UTC 2019

On 02.10.19 22:33, Simon Poole wrote:
> - reset the field, agree on what checking it should mean legally (rather
> tricky), and ask on login to re-decide what the value should be,

This would be my preference, assuming it's legally feasible, because the
existence of this checkbox was a major component of the political
compromise which got the sizeable camp of PD supporters on board with
the idea of changing our license to ODbL in the first place.

Removing the checkbox (or retroactively interpreting it as legally
meaningless, and not taking steps to remedy the situation) feels like
breaking the "deal" that was struck back then.