[Osmf-talk] attribution: board letter to facebook

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 20:21:33 UTC 2019

> 3) You've repeatedly mentioned the OSM map attributed to HERE. As
> Martin noted, Facebook has updated many of their attributions
> recently, so please provide an updated screencapture, the name of the
> app, and instructions to replicate. While your videos are labeled
> (like most people I don't own and Windows phone, so I cannot
> reproduce) but your screenshots are not. Are these all from Windows
> phone apps?

Hi Kathleen, here's the screen capture. Sadly the marketplace section is
crashing the app at the moment and i can't pintpoint other. but the one
i send is pretty much shows this situation that was reported one year
ago is still on going. Actions speaks louder than words.

https://youtu.be/aFOMotFIEb8

obviously i can't check every single map, but this serves as an example
of how serious facebook takes us and the community feedback.

Here's the same location at HERE (no cablecar, no islet, different
coastline) https://wego.here.com/?map=32.64412,-16.90614,16,public_transport

and at OSM https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/32.6450/-16.9074

OSM history https://pewu.github.io/osm-history/#/way/605003222

Islet history: https://pewu.github.io/osm-history/#/way/165511735

If this is not misleading and or license violation i don't know what it
it. And again, this was reported 365 days ago. plenty of time to fix.