[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Attribution guideline status update

Kathleen Lu kathleen.lu at mapbox.com
Thu Oct 31 17:56:15 UTC 2019

Nuno, this isn't about what the license allows, it's about the law. You
can't re-write the law. What the law allows it would allow even if there
was no license at all.
And I would also note that, frankly, the EU is the outlier in this respect
in having database protections at all (and I would not say that even EU
database protections would prohibit as small an excerpt as a screenshot,
though "substantial" is undefined in the Directive). The majority of the
world does not have database protections, so if any analogy is fair, it's a
bit of the reverse, with the EU being a "database haven".