[Osmf-talk] proposal OSMF active contributor membership

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 18:54:38 UTC 2020

Overall this seems fine.  If at all 42 mapping days seems fairly steep -
in particular if i compare it to the weight of the normal membership
fee compared to the average European/North American wealth level.  But
it is not excessive and well attainable for an active mapper so
starting with that appears reasonable.

> Not everyone contributes by mapping, and some of the most familiar
> names in our members list barely map. Some are very involved, for
> example, in organizing conferences. Those other forms of contribution
> should be recognised as well, and the board would take circular
> decisions on these applications.

It would be good if there were over time publicly documented examples of
other contributions that can serve as qualification.  Obviously this is
hard to assemble upfront so it is all right to develop that as you go
but it can help people to acquire the confidence to register if they
know their contributions will qualify them.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/