[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Rory McCann (OSMF Board) rory.mccann at osmfoundation.org
Tue Aug 4 19:53:17 UTC 2020

On 04.08.20 18:44, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> would be to develop objective selection criteria in an open and
> transparent process, to apply those criteria in an equally open and
> transparent process and to iterate that as often as practically
> possible.

It seems like you would prefer if first we defined all the criteria &
rules & process, and _only then_ gave out money, right?

Well that's one approach. With OSM tagging, we don't talk in abstract
about tags, and meanings and schemes and then define something and only
use that. Tags grow, processes and standards and “the spirit” of it
grow. Unwritten rules & conventions are defined. So why use part of that
approach with this sort of funding?