[Osmf-talk] Commitment to open communication channels

Christopher Beddow christopher.beddow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:42:28 UTC 2020

Yes exactly on the forum! If it exists, what's the gap? It's the most open
and independent method we have, correct? And I agree with Simon on linking
to things in a visible way being a no-brainer. I also believe there were
rumors of a plan to give more visibility to different OSM channels in the
iD editor, particularly based on the current Map view--for example editing
in Budapest you may get a link to OSM Magyarorszag/Hungary Facebook group,
but also a link always to OSM Weekly, to the forum, and to any
board-promoted diary entries or blog posts. But then have to consider this
for Potlatch (2), JOSM, and more.

But if using the forum as a default, and posting forum topics to Twitter
and other platforms (like the r/OpenStreetMap twitter handle reposts Reddit
threads) is a nice action after. I fully support that.