[Osmf-talk] Commitment to open communication channels

Mario Frasca mariotomo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:51:26 UTC 2020

On 18/08/2020 13:45, Kathleen Lu via osmf-talk wrote:
> I will say that at least three people (a mix of genders) have
> personally told me that they do not participate in/read the talk
> listserv because of the culture, and this is not exactly something
> that comes up in every conversation I have about OSM.

good day everybody,

I'm new here, just received my "42-day-mapper" waiver membership, and
have not seen the beginning of this thread.

I'm surprised by the tone here, and let me add, I've seldom experienced
this on the other channels I use.  I never subscribed to osm mailing
lists because of the sheer volume coming in, for which my solution is to
unsubscribe, quickly.  let's see if there's a different option here.

the other channels i use are Telegram, and the irc.oftc.net server.

a couple of times I was invited-summoned to other platforms, and that
was the end of it.  one of them was slack.

if you want to be inclusive, you need to consider that not the whole
world: - has access to broadband; - speaks English; - understands
country related idioms; - knows how to say a clear-cut "no"; - says "no"
to mean "no" (but you are absolutely supposed to understand that they
said "NO"); - uses proprietary software; - has no problem using
proprietary software.

anyhow.

where's the mailing list archives?

MF