[Osmf-talk] Geolibres Local Chapter application for Argentina

Joost Schouppe joost at osmfoundation.org
Tue May 5 15:38:13 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 5:01 PM Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de>
wrote:

> It seems quite inefficient to have a public local chapters application
> review process without documentation of the review and discussion that
> already happened non-publicly within the OSMF being available to the
> members.  That requires us to essentially reproduce any analysis you
> have already made.

And yet that's how I inherited the process. I agree that this isn't very
efficient. Dorothea and I have been talking about changes to the process
before. The application documents are public from the moment they arrive,
in this case since January. So technically, anyone can start reviewing them
from that point on. But this is usually not announced, so it doesn't
happen. We were thinking that announcing the arrival of a new application,
as well as creating a page on the general wiki to collect questions and
discussions from the start, might smoothen the process - and possibly even
make it a little quicker. And yes, it would make sense to also use that
page to document a summary of whatever research the OSMF Board (or any
relevant working groups) has done there. We're also working on extending
the (new) wiki page about the practical steps in the process (see
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/FAQ#Processing_of_LC_applications
).