[Osmf-talk] Geolibres Local Chapter application for Argentina

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Tue May 5 18:05:03 UTC 2020

In support of Rory and his scribbles:

While we all love and support democracy,  only Iceland LC has unlimited
wide-open membership.
All the other LCs require board approval of new members.  The relevant
quotes are provided below. Forgive me for not reproducing all the
accented letters.
A precedent / norm has been set. I can't in good conscience support
forcing Argentina to open their doors to all, Icelandic style.
In support of Michael:

I do agree with Michael that it would be nice to know the OSM usernames
of the Argentinian applicants, so we can assess their activity.
But, to be fair, it is not a CURRENT requirement for an LC application.
The application as it stands is fully compliant with our requirements
and I do not support delays so we can shift the goalposts.  Let the
requirements for LC applications be changed if necessary, but only with
effect from date of approval by the Board.

Craig Allan
-------------
Belgium
Om lid to worden van de vereniging, moet men: 1. ...  2. aanvaard worden
door de raad van bestuur, bij volstrekte meerderheid van de stemmen.

France
Le conseil d'administration status sur chaque demande d'adhesion et puet
les refuser spres avis motice aux interesses.

Germany
Uber die Aufname in den Verien entscheidet der Vorstand.

Iceland
5. Rett a ad ganga ifelagid eiga allir, baedi einstaklingar og
logadilar, sem eru hlynntir markmidum thess.

Ireland
The members of the Company shall be ... such other persons as the
Directors shall from time to time admit to membership

Italy
Sono soci dell'associazione coloro che hanno sottoscritto l'atto di
costituzione in qualità di soci fondatori e coloro che ne fanno
richiesta e la cui domanda viene accolta dal consiglio direttivo in
qualità di soci ordinari.

Switzerland
Aufnahmegesuche sind an den Prasidenten / die Presidentin zur richten;
uber die Aufnahme entscheidet der Vorstand innerhalb von drei Manaten
neach Eingang des Gesuches.

England
No person shall be admitted a member of the company unless he or she is
approved by the Directors.