[Osmf-talk] Framework for the foundation's hiring practices

Christopher Beddow christopher.beddow at gmail.com
Sat May 9 18:19:50 UTC 2020

I think we should take a deeper look into how Wikimedia Foundation handles
this. They are based in the US but hire people globally. Having worked
remotely as a US citizen for a Swedish company, it seems fairly clear to me
that it's not a huge hurdle to simple register the organization in a couple
countries for employment purposes and hire people from around the world
without absolute location requirements. Others may feel very differently
but Wikimedia appears to accomplish this well, as do HOT and others.