[Osmf-talk] AoA changes in Dec?

Rory McCann (OSMF Board) rory.mccann at osmfoundation.org
Sun Oct 11 13:53:48 UTC 2020

Hello OSMF members,

I would like to give you all a heads up that the board is thinking of
proposing both some amendments to the OSMF's Articles of Association and
some resolutions requiring vote of the membership for the Annual General
Meeting in December.

Specifically:

  * that any OSMF member, not just board members, may serve on committees;
  * that people who get free membership via the Active Contribution
Membership system get regular membership, not just the current associate
membership;
  * that if you vote in accordance with orders from your employer or
other authority,  you aren't a member any more and your vote doesn't count;
  * and whether there should be a third, non-voting class of membership,
called "supporting member".

We are not 100% sure exactly how many we will propose, and exactly what
the wording will be. We will draft and redraft and think and consult.
Please provide feedback, praise, curses, prayers, and hexes. If/when we
have more concrete wording, we will, naturally, post more.

On the general topic of AoA changesm are there any AoA changes you would
like? I am calling for an open discussion. 🙂

OSM is an open project, we should work in the open. So I am emailing yous.

As always, if you would like to publish something anonymously, the board
can consider that. Please email board at osmfoundation.org (either using
your email address, or you could try something like
http://anonymouse.org/anonemail.html but we haven't confirmed yet that
that works). As always, if you would like to contact the board
privately, email board at osmfoundation.org. As always, this is a public
message, please feel free to inform other OSM(F) people, especially if
you think they may not have seen it.

Rory