[Osmf-talk] AoA changes in Dec?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Oct 11 15:34:21 UTC 2020

On 11/10/2020 15:41, Rory McCann (OSMF Board) wrote:
> On 11.10.20 16:15, Simon Poole wrote:
>
>>>  * that people who get free membership via the Active Contribution
>>> Membership system get regular membership, not just the current
>>> associate membership;
>>
>> Doesn't that run afoul of the guarantee regular members have to commit
>> to?
>
> Doesn't that guarentee require that they pay any debts if it's wound up?

It requires they pay the guaranteed amount which is usually
some peppercorn - not sure what it is for OSMF but the first
time I encountered a company limited by guarantee my guarantee
was for one pound.

Essentially the logic is that rather than actually buy a share
for a specific amount and then risk losing that if the company
folds you instead guarantee to pay that amount towards any debts
if the company folds.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)