[Osmf-talk] Idea for improved mapping system

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Oct 18 00:03:05 UTC 2020

Oscar,
I saw your post on Slack and glad to see you are also posting on a mailing
list. I'd suggest asking on the talk list,
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk, to reach more people. The
OSMF-Talk mailing list is for Foundation related issues. The Foundation is
more about running the servers, licensing, etc. The Foundation isn't
directly involved in day to day mapping. On the other hand, we are always
looking for more Working Group volunteers. You can find a list of the
Working Groups at https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Groups. If
anyone of the groups interests you, feel free to reach out to them. Each
group has an email that you can contact them for more information.

Best,
Clifford

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:51 PM TheAdventurer64 <
little.banana.peel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> A user and I were talking about implementing a system for better mapping,
> as described here:
> https://osmus.slack.com/archives/C029HV951/p1602968516431900
> This addition would have many benefits, including:
> * More mapping. We have tons of new mappers each day, as well as a great
> editor for them. However, many of these new mappers leave after just a few
> edits. Examples:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lukastheg03
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Th3Roomi3

@osm_washington