[Osmf-talk] Possible AoA Amendment #1: Committees

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Fri Oct 23 09:36:00 UTC 2020

Hi Rory,

Am 22/10/2020 um 21.15 schrieb Rory McCann (OSMF Board):
> To follow up from my email of 11th October 2020¹, here's a more detailed
> draft of a change to OSMF's Articles of Association² to allow non-board
> members to sit on OSMF Committees. We welcome your feedback.
>
> Current version:
>
> 91. The Board may delegate any of their powers to committees consisting
> of *such member or members of the Board as they* think fit, and any
> committee so formed shall, in the exercise of the powers so delegated,
> conform to any regulations imposed on it by the Board. The meetings and
> proceedings of any such committee shall be governed by the provisions of
> the Articles for regulating the meetings and proceedings of the Board so
> far as applicable and so far as the same shall not be superseded by any
> regulations made by the Board.
>
> Possible New Version:
>
> 91. The Board may delegate any of its powers to committees consisting of
> ++at least one member of the Board and such other members of the
> Foundation as the Board may++ think fit, and any committee so formed
> shall, in the exercise of the powers so delegated, conform to any
> regulations imposed on it by the Board.  ++The chairperson of such a
> committee shall be a member of the Board.++  The meetings and
> proceedings of any such committee shall be governed by the provisions of
> the Articles for regulating the meetings and proceedings of the Board so
> far as applicable and so far as the same shall not be superseded by any
> regulations made by the Board.

Does "other members of the Foundation" mean normal, associated or both
classes of members? I think that it might make sense to explicitly name
the classes of members.

According to the Board Rules of Order, working groups should not be
chaired by officers. Why do you require officers as chairpersons of the
committees?

Best regards

Michael