[Osmf-talk] AI discussion - moderation

michael spreng osmf at m.spreng.ch
Sun Dec 5 15:42:13 UTC 2021

Hi everyone

Speaking as a member of the membership working group (MWG), which is
still in charge of moderating this list.

I have seen this AI/computer vision discussion quite a few times now. I
see nothing substantially new in this thread. Given that it is the
election season, which often leads to huge volumes of messages, we try
to cool it down a bit. We (the MWG) are going to rate limit the
participants to one message per day for this list. If you have used up
your daily message, use the time and consult the archives and think if
you really have something new to add to the discussion.

By the way, the offending thread still carries the title "Google Open
Buildings now licensed ODbL". Please remember to start a new thread and
change the title when you change the topic.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for the inconvenience of delayed messages
Michael
Membership Working Group