[Osmf-talk] OpenStreetMap Poland Local Chapter Application

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Tue Feb 2 09:20:40 UTC 2021

Hello,

The Polish Local Chapter application seems to be sufficiently in order.
I support it as it stands.

It could be a bit better, so some comments on optional changes follow:

Noting: The issue about members needing to be approved by the Board is
not, in my opinion, an obstacle. I like the idea that the Board should
be aware of every new member and should formally note their membership
and welcome them - quite similar to how Local Chapters are formally
reviewed and welcomed by OSMF.

I'd prefer if it explicitly stated that refusal of membership should be
for a stated reason, the reason should be provided to the applicant and
that refusal does not bar later application if the problems are cleared.

It does say that "any person" can join, but it would be good to see a
non discrimination clause in the articles of association that covers the
usual problems - discrimination by age, race, national origin, language,
gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion etc. etc.

Making the definition of "present" at a general meeting more clear is
important. Physical presence, virtual presence or presence by granting
proxy voting rights to another member are options.

The issue of being specific about fees is not important. It is a local
issue. I believe that AoA clauses should be principles not details.
There should simply be a clause in the AoA that the Board may set
membership fees subject to approval by a general meeting. I would like
it if they had a clause that says that fee exemption for a member is
possible for good reasons and may be granted by the Board in a closed
session.

best wishes
Craig Allan
OSM: cRaIgalLAn