[Osmf-talk] Tagging Conflict of Interest

David Reik davidreik at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 14:55:29 UTC 2021

Dear Martin Machyna:  I know that there are those who are involved with OSM who are interested in the issue of conflict of interest.  If you have your own rendering of OSM that uses a particular style of tagging different from the style of tagging that is utilized byhttp://www.openstreetmap.org, and you systematically change tagging to facilitate rendering on your own platform and to interfere with rendering onhttp://www.openstreetmap.org, I think you are guilty of a conflict of interest.  I think this is what is happening with your systematic elimination of blaze (trail waymark) information from path way names.  David Reik, Farmington, CT