[Osmf-talk] Moving the OSMF to the EU?

Philippe Verdy verdyp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 00:59:57 UTC 2021

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 13:28, Edward Bainton <bainton.ete at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Red rag to a bull, Frederik ;-)
>>>
>>> Here's my start, hosted on G**gle Drive (because that's all I know how
>>> to do)
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XKRL_TY_W-yztAZJdpzWaJN-9A1_NUC4unWweeOpUjo/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Top row is what I think should be a serious consideration: a
>>> transnational EU co-op, which can move between EU jurisdictions with
>>> relative ease as conditions change.
>>>
>>> Second row, by way of illustration, is the status quo.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps; feedback welcome; consider it ODbL (if G**gle's licence
>>> prevents that, please feel free to move it somewhere else. Ideally not to
>>> the wiki, because editing tables comes with a learning curve)

Degooglizing this spreadsheet: there are opensourced and free online tools
there with the licence you want for your document creations:

Full list of supported tools:
* https://framasoft.org/en/full
e.g. https://accueil.framacalc.org/en/

Storage of documents on their server is not permanent: they must be used or
will be deleted after some time, but you can keep your archives: they are
exported to HTML or PDF or ODF documents, and this delay is sufficient for
most cooperations. If needed they can be reimported for discussing a new
update.

Note that all these tools are open-source and packaged so that they can be
redeployed on other servers of your choice (you may just need to keep a
contact with Framasoft for the support, or propose new tools you can
support, or to help them deploy and maintain the open-source projects
you like, or for adapting existing opensource projects to a solution hosted
on the web).