[Osmf-talk] Seeking feedback and interest in the OSMF Engineering Working Group

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 08:33:11 UTC 2021

> What do we want the working group to *do*?

IMHO:
- Developer community building
- Connecting community members with similar interest
- *Helping evolving self-organizing teams around important tasks* [1]   (
as a bottom-up approach )

We have 9 public EWG Top tasks [1];
At least we need a ~community/project organizer for every task; ( just
organize a simple online meeting every two months and write a summary for
the osm-dev mailing list.)

personal example:   I am interested in the *"Localized map rendering"*[1]
And I would devote more time to helping solve this problem if someone would
tell me how to get involved!

IMHO: The EWG (+OSMF board) main task is* creating a community laser focus
on some selected tasks *and solving them step-by-step!

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks

Regards,
 Imre

Michal Migurski <mike at teczno.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. júl. 20., K,