[Osmf-talk] Draft Attribution Guidelines, possible vote at end of this month & new guidelines.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 22:05:39 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 20 Jun 2021, at 23:36, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>
> Apple would be the poster boy example, but there are lots.

The Apple way of attribution was for many years a good example for hiding the attribution in a haystack while maybe formally satisfying  the legal requirements. I just noticed they now attribute to Tomtom, c OpenStreetMap and other data providers (i.e. one screen before, osm is the link) and have put OpenStreetMap also in bold on top of the sources list (well, almost, it’s below tomtom).

https://ibb.co/nswp9Mr
https://ibb.co/vzWFwhd

if we leave out global and continental scale maps (which are used only in a tiny fraction of the actual usecases, and which can typically be created from  public domain data anyway), the actual list of sources for a given map view will be much smaller than the whole set of sources used for the complete product

Cheers Martin