[Osmf-talk] Draft Attribution Guidelines, possible vote at end of this month & new guidelines.

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jun 25 14:31:03 UTC 2021

Jun 25, 2021, 16:17 by email at davidhaberthuer.ch:

> Ciao Mateusz

>>> Apple would be the poster boy example, but there are lots.
>>>

>> Is it possible to view Apple maps without owning iPhone or other
>> Apple device?
>>

> DuckDuckGo uses Apple Maps.
> Here's the view from my hometown: > https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Bern%2C+Switzerland&ia=web&iaxm=about&iax=images

Thank you very much! I forgot about DDG.

Looking at it:

(1) no really visible attribution
(2) there is space for Apple logi
(3) https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/maps/legal-en.html would
easily fit on the map itself (even on smartphone)

What I see here is not convincing me that we need to modify license to accomodate
such cases (maybe there are more convincing examples?).