[Osmf-talk] Moving the OSMF to the EU?

Edward Bainton bainton.ete at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:26:54 UTC 2021

> If we can, create a shared database
Did anyone do this? I doubt I have the skills (unless through G**gle
Drive), but it seems the best next step to me, too.

> Have you considered Estonia?
My criteria would include a developed professional services sector that
habitually operates in English - eg, providing English blogposts on
corporate law in that jurisdiction. I'm guessing (guessing) that Brussels
or Geneva would have the edge there. That's important because there will be
statutory rules affecting the governing document that the OSMF is subject
to, whatever the OSMF constitution says (eg, in the UK, rules on removal of
directors).

> You should not use "English" as a limiting factor
Not absolutely, no, but worldwide it is the widest-spoken lingua franca, so
imo offers the best chance (on average) for members to have good access to
their rights. But it's far from universal, so I would argue long-term for a
federal OSMF with sections that use each of the UN languages.