[Osmf-talk] Should OSMF adopt a policy about State of the Map conference in places that are LGBTQ*/etc unsafe?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 20:24:23 UTC 2021

My idiotic idea is if we can map in many places and gently push the idea of
open data we can improve the lives of many people including some of the
poorest.

By taking an official stance we may get a pushback from a few governments
which means less open data and less cooperation and open data and
OpenStreetMap does bring economic benefits to millions.

Yes we could but I suspect the cost to many would be very high.

Cheerio John