[Osmf-talk] Should OSMF run another microgrants round?

Amanda McCann amanda.mccann at osmfoundation.org
Fri Oct 22 20:59:58 UTC 2021

Hello OSMers,

In 2020 (& onwards) the OSMF ran a microgrants programme ( https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Microgrants ) , and distributed about €50,000 to 12 projects. You can read the report from the Microgrants Committee here: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:OSMF_Microgrants_report_2020-21.odt

The OSMF Board is often asked if we're going to do another round. No decision has been taken, but I and others are pleased with the results, and I am tempted to run a similar microgrants round again.

But first I want to ask you, the OSM & OSMF membership. Do you think we should do it again?

--
A. McCann
Secretary

Name & Registered Office:
OpenStreetMap Foundation
St John’s Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales
Registration No. 05912761