[Osmf-talk] Data issues in TZ - was - Google Open Buildings now licensed ODbL

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Fri Sep 17 16:56:22 UTC 2021

Hi Ralf,
Your question "How long can we go on like this?" refers...

If I understand the question, you are concerned that new road
construction in Dar seems to have caused demolition of many buildings
near the route.
For a similar example, the new road through Kibera, Nairobi caused a lot
of changes to a very well mapped area.

IMHO the answer is that "this" will go on a great deal. We can't freeze
OSM.
Africa is developing fast, and for decades ahead there will be a lot of
changes to be mapped by very few mappers.
I think the best solution for OSM is to grow local mapping interest and
capacity in TZ so data damage is patched rapidly.

hth
Craig Allan
OSM:cRaIgalLAn