[Osmf-talk] App damaging OSM data

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Sep 20 20:26:21 UTC 2021

Sep 20, 2021, 21:31 by robgruebler at gmail.com:

> Subject: App damaging OSM data
>

> The web app "iD" has been systematically damaging relations for years. This is particularly serious because relations are often complex and therefore difficult to repair.
>

> What can be done about it?

one may research/debug/analyze - possible comparing iD algorithm to
one used by StreetComplete/JOSM and discover why iD is doing things wrong

one may also submit a pull request fixing the problem

(yes, I know that this answers are likely not satisfying and not actionable
for most of poeple)

> Ticket#2021081310000199 of 13 Aug. 2021 “iD editor systematically damages data”. No response after 5 weeks.

DWG is very unlikely to ban all mappers using iD.

> This mail: > Engine room to bridge: Fuel damaging engine. What to do?

As far as I know OSMF is tring to hire someone who would handle iD development,
iD presets etc.