[osmosis-dev] GetPropertyAction in xml/common/ElementWriter

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Dec 8 00:15:24 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Hakan Tandogan <hakan at gurkensalat.com>wrote:

> Hi again,
>

> Is there any particular reason why ElementWriter uses new
> sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction("line.separator") instead of a
> simple System.getProperty("line.separator") ?

Not that I can see.  I've been meaning to take a look at that myself.

The build currently has that warning, and also a javadoc warning (I forget
in which class, but caused by the same set of changes).  They're the only
two warnings in the build that I'm aware of so I'd like to get rid of them.

> The former class is access restricted in Java6, which causes eclipse to
> show a build error. If there is no particular design reason for this, I'd
> like to use the more portable method.

Yep, thanks.  Go ahead and change it.

Brett