[osmosis-dev] Bzip2-issues

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Dec 14 05:52:50 GMT 2009

It looks like the commons-compress library changes how it handles the file
prefix.  The old libraries didn't use a prefix so I had hacks in a class
called CompressionActivator like the following to make it compatible with
command line bzip2.

// Command line BZip2 adds "BZ" to the start of the file which
// we must strip out.
if (sourceStream.read() != 'B' || sourceStream.read() != 'Z') {
    throw new OsmosisRuntimeException(
        "The source stream must start with the characters BZ if it is to be
read as a BZip2 stream."
    );
}

These should be able to be removed now but I'll do some tests to make sure.

Brett