[osmosis-dev] download Osmosis 0.32

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Dec 17 22:56:16 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Hakan Tandogan <hakan at gurkensalat.com>wrote:

> Brett Henderson wrote:
>
>> Anything's possible.  What would you like to see?
>>
>> As I've mentioned before, I'm open to suggestions on how to better number
>> the releases.  The fact that 0.32 is a full release and 0.32.1 is an
>> unstable dev release is not obvious.
>>

> O.k., I am pretty strongly brainwashed by maven by now, but how about
> adopting the maven way?
>
> 0.32-SNAPSHOT would be the current unstable dev
> 0.32          would be the stable release
> 0.33-SNAPSHOT would be the next unstable after 0.32

Okay, sounds good to me.

> We could set up some big reminder that "-SNAPSHOT" versions are always
> prone to breakage, and hudson would copy the SNAPSHOT builds to the
> deployment web space...

Okay.

I'll update the build.xml so that the next nightly build on
dev.openstreetmap.*org* produces SNAPSHOT builds from now on.  I probably
should delete any existing nightly builds in the download directory to avoid
confusion.

Is there anything that needs to be done for maven or that managed via hudson
somehow.  Whatever we do, we just have to keep in mind users who download
the source and build Osmosis themselves.  For that reason I think we'll have
to keep the current version in the build files in svn.  Within hudson itself
we can do whatever we want.  For the ant build at least, you can use Hudson
to set the properly "project.version" and that will override whatever is in
the ant build.xml file.

Brett