[osmosis-dev] Closed ways -> polygons?

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Mon Dec 21 23:20:48 GMT 2009

When I import a .osm file into PostGIS, using osmosis (dumping to a
COPY file), all I get are POINT and LINESTRING WKB geometry columns,
but no POLYGON WKB columns .  The linstrings from what OSM knows as
Closed Ways do have the first and last points with identical coordinates,
but since they are not OGC POLYGON types neither PostGIS nor apps connecting
to it recognize the feature as a polygon.