[osmosis-dev] Closed ways -> polygons?

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Dec 22 08:08:15 GMT 2009

> Aye.  Part of my problem is that I haven't been able to build osm2pgsql
> under Cygwin/Vista64, and thus can't add the above patch.  Vista64 is the
> only environment I currently possess to run this under; hopefully within
> a few weeks I can build a Linux server with adequate storage and CPU.
Maybe you can run osm2pgsql in a virtualbox and have it connect to the
postgis db on your vista host system (you can also share the folder
where the planet.osm resides, so you don't need a big virtual-hd). You
would then be able to use whatever tools you want in a native unix
environment, which make things a *lot* easier.

Peter