[osmosis-dev] Semicolon and Backslash problem

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Feb 4 11:21:05 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Brett Henderson wrote:
>> That's cool, I can do it.  But you should only have to add it to the
>> mysql
>> classes right?
>
> Yes, I believe so. It is a kludge to get around the fact that all node
> tags share one column in the 0.5 Mysql model. (I don't know about your
> 0.5 Postgres model; if you use the same table structure then you would
> have to use a similar kludge there as well!)
The pgsql schema separates tags into separate tables for all entity
types so should be fine.

I've checked in an update to the EmbeddedTagProcessor class which
supports conversion from Tag instances to Strings suitable for the mysql
schema.  I've created a unit test and believe it's functioning correctly
but if you have time it would be great if you could double check it.  If
it all looks good I'll update the osmosis install on dev to fix the
changeset extraction.

Brett