[osmosis-dev] Source for JAR archives in osmosis source

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Dec 23 23:26:32 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Giovanni Mascellani <
mascellani at poisson.phc.unipi.it> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On 23/12/2010 22:27, Brett Henderson wrote:
> > Hi Giovanni,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. :-)
>
> > The source for the osmbin jar is stored in a git repo on github. I
> > don't have the URL handy (I'm on my phone) but I think a search for
> > PBF or similar should find it on the osm wiki ...
>
> Ok, found. Anyway, no license indication is present in the repository,
> and this is a problem for including the package in Debian, because
> technically it means that no one can do anything with it.
>
> Since this project is strictly tied with osmosis, I suppose that it's
> its author intention to release it in public domain like osmosis. Could
> this bit be made explicit in some file into the repository, something
> like the copying.txt present in osmosis main repository?
>
> (BTW, Scott Crosby reads this mailing list, doesn't he?)

Yes, he should do.

I'm glad you've asked the licence question actually.  I should have sorted
that out sooner but it slipped my mind.

> > The source for osmosis-hstore is in the binary jar I think. I didn't
> > bother setting up a proper project for it because it is relatively
> > tiny.
>
> No, they're not. I can just see the .class files.

Oops.  Not sure what I've done there.  I'll take a look when I get home,
perhaps it's just sitting on my home PC.  I need to get that checked in
somewhere.

Brett