[osmosis-dev] Project Restructure

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Jul 6 00:00:59 BST 2010

Hi All,

The Osmosis restructure is now complete.  There are still some things I'd
like to do, but they're on the lower priority list.  Instead of a single
monolithic project, there are now 12 individual projects.  Each of these is
an individual eclipse project.  There are a few tasks remaining in core
which I haven't removed yet, but the vast majority of tasks have been moved
out into plugin projects that are bundled in the main distribution.

You can build the entire solution by running "ant" or "ant clean all" at the
top level however this will require test database schemas.  To perform a
build only without tests, run "ant publish" (I may update this to be "ant
build" at some point).  At the completion of the build, the "package"
project will contain a working osmosis installation, and will contain
distribution zips in the distrib directory.  All artefacts will also be
published to the local ivy repository at
"$HOME/.ivy2/local/org.openstreetmap.osmosis".

If anybody has any plugins they wish to incorporate into the main Osmosis
distribution please let me know.  If they build successfully they can be
included.  Note that I can't promise to help maintain them (other than
obvious quick fixes) so if they fall behind they may get removed again.

I haven't created a 0.36 detailed usage page on the wiki yet but will do so
before releasing.  There are a few other random goodies in the latest
development release that I'd like to release in the near future.

If anybody has any questions please let me know.

Brett