[osmosis-dev] problems with xapi, relations and osmosis

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Fri Mar 12 12:52:42 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Jan Tappenbeck <osm at tappenbeck.net> wrote:

>  Am 12.03.2010 12:30, schrieb Brett Henderson:
>
> You need to check both of your OSM files downloaded from XAPI.  The first
> one contains the full relation details as you expect.  The second one
> contains an empty relation.  Both have the same version number.
>
> The Osmosis *--merge* task is intentionally simple and doesn't alter
> relation contents in any way.  In your case it is seeing that the relation
> exists in both inputs, it determines that both have the same version number,
> and picks the second one.  The second one is written to the result file.
>
> The real question to ask is "Why does XAPI return an empty relation for my
> second query?".  But that will have to be asked on the dev mailing list ;-)
>
>  HI !
>
> but i did not understand your new question !
>
> * when you download by
> http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node[memorial:type=stolperstein][bbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3]then there are only NODES - RIGHT !
>
> * when you download by
> http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node[memorial:type=stolperstein][bbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3]then there are ALL RELATIONS-Members (even Nodes) and the RELATION
> defintion.

Both of the above URLs are identical.  I think you meant:

URL1 -
http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node[memorial:type=stolperstein][bbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3]<http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node%5Bmemorial:type=stolperstein%5D%5Bbbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3%5D>

and

URL2 -
http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation[name=Stolpersteine][bbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3]<http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation%5Bname=Stolpersteine%5D%5Bbbox=5.5,47.4,15.0,55.3%5D>

Unless I'm mistaken, URL1 returns a file containing the following entry:
<relation id='407359' user='Netzwolf' uid='32786'
timestamp='2010-03-05T21:26:43Z' version='75' changeset='4044847'>
  </relation>

> ONLY the MERGE file include the RELATION-Definition by ONE LINE !!!! - so i
> did not see a Problem by XAPI. OSMOSIS lose the relation-MEMBERS ->
> OSMOSIS-Question !

Can you please open your two OSM files and check them before you add more
!!!!!!'s to your emails ;-)

Cheers,
Brett