[osmosis-dev] Problem with bounding-polygon and completeWays=yes

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Oct 4 07:42:18 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Martin Kaistra <admin at djfun.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I try this command
>> ./osmosis --read-xml file="friedrichshafen_highways.osm"
>> --bounding-polygon file="Friedrichshafen.poly" completeWays=yes
>> clipIncompleteEntities=true --write-xml
>> file="friedrichshafen_output.osm"
>>
>> with Osmosis 0.36, there are missing ways in the output file. When I try
>> the same command with Osmosis 0.35.1 it works as expected.
>>
>> This is the first time I use osmosis so I am not sure whether it is a
>> bug or I am making a mistake somewhere..
>>
>> The files can be found here:
>> http://djfun.de/osm/friedrichshafen_highways.osm [5.1mb]
>> http://djfun.de/osm/Friedrichshafen.poly
>> http://djfun.de/osm/friedrichshafen_output_0_36.osm [2.6mb]
>> http://djfun.de/osm/friedrichshafen_output_0_35_1.osm [2.9mb]
>>
>> For example way:14805086 is missing in friedrichshafen_output_0_36.osm
>>

> It looks like a bug to me.  If you specify the option idTrackerType=BitSet
> or idTrackerType=IdList the way shows up correctly.  That is a workaround
> you can use for now.
>
> It might take me a while to figure this one out.

There were a couple of bugs in there.  The first was that it wasn't handling
unsorted ids correctly.  The input file has ids in non-sorted order.  That
caused your way to be left out.  But the output still wasn't correct and I
found another bug that was causing some nodes to be left out.

Both have been fixed in the latest SVN version.  So you can either use the
latest dev version, or simply use the idTrackerType=BitSet for now.

Brett