[osmosis-dev] Unable to load current way nodes, when extracting and importing data from a osm file to a API BD

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Mar 3 09:18:27 GMT 2011

This is a known limitation of Osmosis bounding box processing.

When you perform a bounding box extract, if nodes lie outside the bounding
box, but are referenced by ways inside the bounding box they will not be
included in the file.  This is due to the way Osmosis processing works
because it finishes processing nodes before it sees the ways.

You have several options here:
1. Drop the constraint from the database.  This might lead to other issues.
2. Add the clipIncompleteEntities=true option to the --bounding-box task.
This will modify the ways so that they no longer reference the problematic
ways.  Obviously they will no longer be identical to the original ways from
the input planet file.
3. Add the completeWays=true option to the --bounding-box task.  This will
include the missing nodes, but will slow down processing enormously.