[osmosis-dev] --simplify-change with a conflictResolutionMethod

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:32:19 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> The SortedHistoryChangePipeValidator is also used by the --merge-change task
> so can't be changed without breaking the assumptions that that task makes.
>
> Can I ask how you've ended up with two changes with the same version number
> yet different timestamps and changeset numbers?  This data shouldn't be
> possible to create using normal OSM tools and processes.  The various
> validators in Osmosis act as protection against this type of unexpected data
> and I'm very hesitant to relax those validations.
>
> Brett

Hi Brett,

The OSM file was erroneous, something went wrong in creating it
(probably not made using Osmosis). I was hoping to have osmosis deal
with this and still work. But...

...actually, now that I see that a normal OSM file shouldn't be in
this situation I realise I should fix my OSM file, rather than try to
patch osmosis.

Thanks.