[osmosis-dev] Osmosis crash: OsmosisRuntimeException: An output error has occurred

Simon Nuttall info at cyclestreets.net
Thu Jun 12 13:23:22 UTC 2014

Regarding my original report at:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmosis-dev/2014-June/001637.html

I am now making a little progress on this having been advised to
change the collation for the display_name field to utf8mb4.

In fact what I did was to change it to utf8mb4_bin. I ran it again and
this time it crashed with a similar error for the description field.

So now I've changed most of the text fields to this new collation as
follows, and trying again:

CREATE TABLE  `users` (
  `email` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `id` bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `active` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `pass_crypt` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `creation_time` datetime NOT NULL,
  `display_name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_bin NOT NULL default '',
  `data_public` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `description` text COLLATE utf8mb4_bin NOT NULL,
  `home_lat` double default NULL,
  `home_lon` double default NULL,
  `home_zoom` smallint(6) default '3',
  `nearby` int(11) default '50',
  `pass_salt` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `image` text COLLATE utf8mb4_bin,
  `administrator` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `email_valid` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `new_email` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_bin default NULL,
  `visible` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',
  `creation_ip` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `users_email_idx` (`email`)
-- ,
--  UNIQUE KEY `users_display_name_idx` (`display_name`)
) ENGINE=BLACKHOLE;

We use the blackhole engine as we don't need this data.

Simon