[OSRM-talk] Improve node location precision in compute route

Alex Tsang alex.tsang at senstation.com
Thu Apr 11 05:25:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a simple map of small area, the nodes are separated by 1 to 3
meters only. When I try to use OSRM to compute the route of travelling
from one node to another, sometimes the location of nodes are not
precise enough, making the result a bit confusing. For example, I have
3 nodes on the map:

node A: 22.3077561, 114.2236518

node B: 22.3077357, 114.2236591

node C: 22.3077495, 114.2236773

The computed route to travel from node A to C reported by OSRM:

<rtept lat="22.30773" lon="114.22365"/>
<rtept lat="22.30773" lon="114.22365"/>
<rtept lat="22.30774" lon="114.22367"/>

You can see that the latitude and longitude value of first 2 nodes are
the same, but in fact they are 2 distinct nodes. May I know whether it
is possible to add parameters in the query string to improve the
precision of output result, or do not truncate the latitude/ longitude
value to 5 decimal places?

Thank you very much.

Alex Tsang