[OSRM-talk] adding way id and direction to output

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Thu Apr 25 17:52:43 UTC 2013

On Thursday 25 April 2013, Jens Thiele wrote:
> btw:
> ideally one wouldn't need the hack and also could hijack the hierarchy
> to prefold output values (one could also partially precompute
> douglas-peucker for the higher levels geometry)
> as far as i understand only weight is folded in the higher levels

Well - what I'd like to be able to do eventually is that I think in contraction hierarchies is called a multi-search (?) which would allow me to do a single call with one source and many destinations (or vice versa), returning abstract costs for each without actually bothering to calculate the route.

But it is of course a rather obscure use case for something that's supposed to be for general purpose routing.

robert.