[OSRM-talk] JavaScript Routing Engine

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 21:12:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

this idea comes up every now and then. It does not make sense, though. OSRM is a server based engine, i.e. running it on a client does not reflect the purpose. For example, the amount of data that is handleable on in a JavaScript VM is  tiny compared to what's possible a native server daemon.

However, one can run routing on the client. But then I would recommend a tool that has been designed for browsers. Unfortuantely, OSRM is not that tool.

--Dennis