[OSRM-talk] planet prepare problems

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Dec 28 11:11:33 UTC 2013

Grant Heffernan wrote:
> Hi all. Was wondering if anyone has successfully run osrm-prepare on the planet
> recently. I’ve successfully set up north-america and other extracts, but the
> planet load fails every time, and in a very odd way, which is making tracking
> the problem down an issue. More specifically, the host it’s being run on becomes
> completely unresponsive (I’m running on EC2) and I’m unable to recover the
> instance to track additional details down. I can terminate but not reboot the
> instance, which makes me suspect it’s getting starved of resources and the
> hypervisor is unable to get it to respond. I’m presently testing on the
> following setup:

I've got a local 'British Isle' extract that is working fine, but see the same
problem with the local 'planet' mirror. It's running on my own hardware and I
just put it down to a lack of memory as it fails when all the physical memory
has been used up. Only 8Gb at the moment, waiting for some bigger sticks to plug
in.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL