[OSRM-talk] profile.lua for railways

Spyou root at spyou.org
Sat Dec 28 14:36:32 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I'm working on the server side engine for the raildar.fr project (Yes, i
know, google map sucks. client side implementation with OSM is in progress).

In order to place trains on the right path, we need to extract railways
from OSM. We've (very) partialy done the work based on JOSM extracts but
that's quite a long and borring work.

I've managed to get a osrm instance running on FreeBSD with the default
car.lua profile. I'm now trying to understand how to patch it to only
get railways routing.

Did anyone done this before or is there any documentation for the
profile files ?

Thanks for any help :)

Bruno